5 important rules to remember when dealing with web writing:
1. Web users do not read word for word through out the whole page they scan and pick out bits they need.
2. Be as concise as possible, for example get to the point straight away
3. Use lists to highlight main points about the piece.
4. Utilise chunking - putting information that is related together in a single section so that users can quickly scan through and pull out the bits they need.
5. Remember that online writing and print are totally different, different styles need to be adapted to both scenarios.